Welcome to White Cane Connections.

My name is Sue Boman. Yes, that’s me in the picture posted here. I have called this blog White Cane Connections because I am one of the many people who use a white cane. I began this blog because I wanted to write about a project I undertook in 2012. The plan was to complete a series of walks using my white cane. Between March and September, I walked in 82 different locations across Canada. So, the blog begins by telling of my experiences and the many people I met along the way.

While this particular journey has now been completed, I find that I still have much to write about. I am continuing to make new white cane connections, and so for the time being I will continue to add regular posts to this blog. I am hoping that you will be a partner in the journey.

Sue


Sunday 14 April 2024

April 14 - Spring

Just a few days ago we left the snow on the ground in Central Alberta and drove to the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia.  The drive across the mountains was not pleasant.  When we left the town of Golden, there was heavy rain, burst of hail, and at the summit of Rogers Pass some light snow.  It wasn’t until we turned south on Highway 97 that the clouds began to clear.

A further two hours down the road we came to the town of Peachland.  (Don’t you just love that name!). We got out of the vehicle to stretch our legs long the lake front.  We were already commenting on the green grass when we came to a small tree covered in blossoms.

There is a picture below with me standing in front of the tree.  I thought that the blossoms were a spectacular white but Lyle assured me that they had a pinkish hue.  I do have some trouble in accurately distinguishing  colours so I must take his word for what he sees.

Whatever their colour, the blossoms were a delightful sign that Spring is on the way.
 
Sue in front of a tree with blossoms

 

No comments:

Post a Comment